Sunday 18 April 2010


Hello all, I finally got around to putting some time aside and finishing a piece for the Kurosawa theme. The Kurosawa link to the piece is that he is in it, it is an imagined conversation between Chris Marker (who did a making of documentary for Ran) and Kurosawa, based on Marker's narration from his film Sans Soleil, which was about his travels in Japan during that period. After getting some feedback from some other members and based on my own experience, I'm going to change the duration of these themes to monthly instead of weekly, which hopefully should give everyone plenty of time.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that's pretty whack. The first two panels are cheese, but the last panel is amazing. I think your colourings are really nice. In the second panel I think kurosawa's speech bubble should be above Chris Markers, because he speaks first. When you said your comic was rubbish I was expecting something dire. But it's quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the speech bubble to mean Kurosawa asking, "What is poetry?"

    Your panels work like camera shots! The last panel is reminiscent of a woodblock. Your comic strip covered a good theme from Kurosawa's work (and I love the movement of the objects coming toward us, esp. the bird(s) flying away).

    Who is Chris Marker?

    ReplyDelete